Skip to content
- Multiplicity of parties and plaints.
- Questions whether the parties are representative of their respective religious communities.
- Repeated failure of the mediation efforts.
- The apprehension of communal disharmony and violence.
- The volume of text supporting the claims of the parties (15 sealed trunks containing over 30,000 pages).
- Language of the supporting documents (e.g. Awadhi, Persian, Sanskrit) and translation of the same.
- Fragile nature of documents which cannot be digitized.
- Involvement of questions of faith.
- Reliability of archaeological evidence being questioned.