- There is a need to clearly define the focus areas which could Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, agriculture and food logistics, Liquefied Natural Gas production and distribution, warehousing, and e-auto rickshaws.
- There is a need for political stability in states as policy predictability is essential for attracting investments.
- Constant improvement of human resource can lead to higher investments.
- Image building is extremely important for attracting investments and must be supplemented by extensive outreach activities.
- Infrastructure should be constantly improved. A robust industrial and infrastructure policy must be put in place.
- There is a need for investment facilitation in terms of effective follow up mechanisms and single window clearance.
- Enacting a separate law on the ‘ease of doing business’ (like Tamil Nadu) and formulating a separate council on the lines of GST council would go a long way.
- MSME sector must be made more productive to reap the actual benefits of investments in the economy.
Categories: POINT IAS