Recently, five important portals related to the Ministry of AAYUSH were launched. These portals are – CTRI, AMAR, RMIS, SAHI and e-Medha portals.
After the inclusion of dataset pertinent to Ayurveda in CTRI portal, the Ayurveda Clinical Trials would have worldwide visibility and will further the cause of strengthening Ayurvedic Research. Similarly, SHAHI portal incorporates authentic resources and will be of immense help in showcasing historical veracity of Ayurveda. With the help of e- Medha portal anyone can have online access to more than 12 thousand books. These books are related to Indian Medical Heritage and can be accessed through NIC’s e- granthalaya platform. AMAR portal, which was also launched today, is a repository for Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Sowa- Rigpa Manuscripts and catalogues. Another Portal CCRAS- Research Management Information System or RMIS in short, is a research guidance platform.
Brief overview and significance of the portals launched:
- Ayurveda Dataset on Clinical Trial Registry of India- CTRI is a primary Register of Clinical Trials under the world health Organization’s International Clinical Trials Registry Platform. Creation of Ayurveda Data Set in CTRI facilitates the usage of Ayurveda Terminologies to record clinical study based on Ayurveda interventions. This is a great step towards a worldwide visibility for Ayurveda based Clinical Trials.
- CCRAS-Research Management Information System- A collaborative effort of ICMR and CCRAS, this portal will be a one stop solution for Research and Development in Ayurveda based studies. Free of cost research guidance by experienced Scientists, Clinicians of Ayurveda can be availed through this portal. Research tools, reference material are also in place in this portal.
- E-Medha (electronic Medical Heritage Accession) Portal- Online public access catalog for more than 12000 Indian medical heritage books through NIC’s e-granthalaya platform.
- AMAR (Ayush Manuscripts Advanced Repository) Portal- This Portal is of immense value and it has digitized information on rare and hard to find Manuscripts and catalogues of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa in libraries or in individual collections across India or in other parts of the world.
- SHAI (Showcase of Ayurveda Historical Imprints) Portals- This portal showcases inscriptions, Archeo-botanical Information, Sculptures, Philological sources and advanced Archeo Genetic studies. This portal will be of tremendous use in understanding of Indian Knowledge system with a focus on indigenous health care practices.
Categories: POINT IAS