What is eNAM?
National Agriculture Market (eNAM) is a pan-India electronic trading portal which networks the existing APMC mandis to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities.
Important for Prelims – Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is the lead agency for implementing eNAM under the aegis of Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India.
Aims of eNAM –
- To promote uniformity in agriculture marketing by streamlining of procedures across the integrated markets.
- Removing information asymmetry between buyers and sellers.
- Promoting real time price discovery based on actual demand and supply.
How eNAM will benefit farmers?
- Integration of APMCs across the country through a common online market platform to facilitate pan-India trade in agriculture commodities.
- Providing better price discovery through transparent auction process based on quality of produce.
- Timely online payment.
Categories: POINT IAS
Leave a Reply