- The Indo-U.S. Vaccine Action Program (VAP) is a bilateral program.
- Supports a broad spectrum of activities relating to immunization and vaccine related research.
- A Government-to-Government Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) led to the establishment of the VAP in July 1987. Since then, this agreement has been renewed every five years.
- The nodal agency of VAP in India is Department of Biotechnology within its Ministry of Science and Technology.
- VAP completed 25 years in 2012.
- In March 2015, India’s first indigenous rotavirus vaccine – ROTOVAC (a vaccine for Rotavirus – the most common cause of diarrhea) was launched, which, in its early phase, started as a research cooperation under the VAP.
Categories: POINT IAS