- Establishing hardware, software and IT systems for courts;
- Establishing appropriate e-filing systems and procedures;
- Creating skill training and recognition for paralegals.
- Lack of awareness among people.
- Way Forward:
- Drawing a blueprint – Involvement of judges, technologists, court administrators, skill developers and system analysts to draw up a blueprint for institutionalising online access to justice.
- Leveraging AI – Examining application of artificial intelligence benefiting from the database generated through e-courts projects;
- Framing rules – Frame appropriate rules to operationalise the e-court system.
- Ensure accountability & Implementation – A system must be set in place for the applicant to lodge online complaints with the Legal Services Authorities who can then ensure accountability and effective implementation.
- Exploring other options – The other facilities that would help access to justice are online mediation, arbitration, counselling in family court matters, quick settlement of disputed insurance claims, and many more.
Source – The Hindu
Categories: POINT IAS
Leave a Reply