In the recent times, there has been a departure from the ‘Five-Year Plan process’. In order to fill such gap in the important process of planning, on the advice of the Office of the Prime Minister of India, the NITI Aayog has prepared the Three Year Action Agenda document.
The Three Year Action Agenda document is based on extensive discussions with and inputs from the central ministries and State governments and has been published to recommend policy changes and programmes for action from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
WHY THE THREE YEAR ACTION AGENDA DOCUMENT IS IMPORTANT FOR UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION – CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION (UPSC-CSE) ASPIRANTS:
- Relevance: The Three Year Action Agenda document has been prepared after consultations from all the ministries and departments and therefore highlights the most important issues of governance. Needless to say, as the document has been prepared by the ‘NITI AAYOG – the think tank of the government of India‘, all the issues highlighted in the document are of immense relevance for UPSC CSE aspirants.
- Clear, Concise and Comprehensive: As a roadmap for future progress, the Three Year Action Agenda document attempts to cover nearly all aspects of the economy and governance. The document has been divided into VII parts and comprehensively covers the important topics in an concise manner.
- Analytical: The Three Year Action Agenda document also provides a clear analysis of the issues which shall prove to be very important in terms of writing answers in Mains examination. The document also provides for corrective measures, new ideas and model proposals and statutes to solve the issues and thus the analysis of the document would prove to be very helpful for CSE aspirants.
- Timing: As Three Year Action Agenda document has been released in 2017 and is relevant for the period of 2017-18 to 2019-20, thus it is of immediate relevance for policy implementation.
HOW POINT IAS WOULD HELP YOU IN READING AND REVISING THE THREE YEAR ACTION AGENDA DOCUMENT:
Now that we know that the Three Year Action Agenda document is a document which any serious aspirant cannot afford to miss, we at POINT IAS have introduced a distinct section titled ‘NITI AAYOG Action Agenda Series’. We are sure that this initiative would help you in your preparation for the following reasons:
- The issues from the Three Year Action Agenda Document have been carefully carved out and have been brought out to you in a phased manner by means of different posts.
- With each post, we have provided a ‘probable question’ related to that issue. The ‘probable questions’ can be used for answer-writing practice and self-evaluation.
- The posts related to the Three Year Action Agenda document have been put in a separate category thus making revision easier for our readers. The ‘NITI AAYOG Action Agenda Series’ by POINT IAS can be accessed here.
We sincerely hope that you find this initiative useful!