- Movement of trucks and rail rakes a challenge due to the lockdown.
- Reopening of agricultural mandis must be done with adequate social distancing and safeguards.
- Online portals must be set up and made effective to connect farmers with mandis, cold storages and buyers.
- Collaboration between Central, State and local governments is a must.
- Adequate and frequent testing of people working at the Mandis.
- Focus must be on ensuring adequate supply of staples such as onions, potatoes and tomatoes.
- Apart from rail rakes and Lifeline Udan flights, India Post has played a critical role in transporting more than 100 million tonnes of medicines and medical equipment as well as one lakh food packets.